Monday, January 08, 2007

First week in Chagwon Sept

This is the very first week of me being in South Korea. This is the original 12 that I came over with. We are from the States or from Canada. Later on another group kinda merged with ours that had some people from the UK, and from Australia. Together these groups made 18. We were spread all over the province of Kyangsangnam-do. This is great because when I travel I know I can meet up with people almost anywhere I go in the province!! This was a great support system to me when I first came over here. I don't see many of them anymore but when I do see them it's always a fun time!




This was a fun thing to discover. Across from our hotel in Chagwon (I stayed there for a week before I was placed in Geochang). There was this amazing park right across the street. We later found out this is one of the most popular places in Chagwon to go. What you are seeing in this picture is a rock path. You take off your shoes and walk over these rocks. Each sections works a different presure point in your foot so it may hurt when you are doing it, but afterwards wow do your feet feel good!! This is the largest rock path garden that I have seen thus far. It overlooks a large lake, and beyond that the mountains.




I've just decided I hate posting pictures, but shall we continue?







This next pic is the view of the hotel and just the beginning of the downtown section of Chagwon. In the picture you can see people that I spent my first week with. Dakota, Josh, Gil, Ellen, Lyndsey, Fliss, and Harvey (Front to back)









This was my favorite picture for such a long time!! You would never see this in Canada!! Yes that's right. That is 7 Eleven in the back ground and many large containers of beer with paper cups about the table. Cheers to the second night in South Korea!!! Just so people can compare prices, that large pitcher is 1.6 liters and costs (depending on the brand) between 3500 won and 4500 won.......that's about $3.50 - $4.50 in Canadian.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home