Monday, January 08, 2007

Temple In Chagwon sept.


Sorry these are kinda out of order. I'll do better next time. Actually people should just be happy I'm trying!!! It's taken me so long to do it!! Above is not a cementry!!!! It is 12 stones representing the 12 Chinese zodiac signs. This is at the very base of the temple/museum that Mister Chang took us too during our first week.



Everyone knows I'm a rat!!! Actually if you didn't you know now. I'm beside my zodiac stone here. I personally think the rat is one of the best to be....unfortunate name though......


I was a very, VERY bad person. I blame me not reading enough on this topic. Don't take pictures within the inner sanctuary!! But since I did and there's no going back everyone might as well see. Unfortunate for the people coming after me into the temple they will be followed by bad luck for the rest of their lives. I'm a very bad tourist....who takes nice pic's.......


Yet again I'm a horrible person. This is the inside of the sanctuary again. This time the picture is looking at the incredible detail that every Buddist temple has. The pink part is the roof and the decorated part is the support beams to the roof. I have found out since I have been here longer that the different decorational pattern is distinctive to which ever era it was made in. Don't expect me to tell you which this is. All I know is that the lodus flower is a huge decoritive feature in Buddist temples.


This is the Korean version of the Totem pole found so often in the west coast of Canada. This scares away bad sprits and offers protection to the area where it is found. I love these things, I think they are some of the coolest things I seen since I've been here. Each one has a different face, but all have similar features. I really wish I could read what it says on the body of it.


This is one of the Buddist temple buildings. Notice again the detail that is on the supports of the roof. I marvel at how long this must have taken them to paint even a small section, let alone all of the supports.


All of these temples have these large doors leading into the actual temple. Each side usually matches. I love all the colours that they use. And then I think.....how often do they have to repaint? It's a question worth pondering......hummmmmmm ok I'm a dork.


This is actually the path that leads to the temple. This is situated on a large hill over looking the city of Changwon and the museam that we originally came to see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home