Monday, January 08, 2007

In and around Geochang

This is one of those cool totem poles again. This is at the base of the mountain that the majority of the people of Geochang tend to climb everyday or at least once a week.


How is this not cool?


This is on one of my favorite places to walk in Geochang. If you walk towards the river bed there is a long pathway that leads to this area. It's about a ten minute walk from where I turn off from the main road. You walk behind it to get to this next spot, which is actually where I tended to go on Sundays when it was warm.


This is the same Water Wheel, but you can see the scenery surrounding it.


This is my absolute favorite spot that I have found so far. There are rocks every where large enough that you can sunbath on them. I think I'll be spending much more time there again when spring comes. Right now the water is far to cold.


This is the information board that is below the amazing wall I went on about. Read for yourself, and than look at the pictures!!


Gil and I are on the wall. This is a small section of the it.



Gil had come to visit me on the third weekend in September. So I climbed that blasted wall with him so he could see where I live. I swore after that not to climb it again.....but I have several times.


I was amazed by how sturdy the wall is!!! There is hardly any vegetation on it as well. That is because it doesn't have any mortar to stop the water from draining, and because of that it isn't freezing and refreezing.....something I know very well can cause major problems with weakening cement. Can anyone say pot holes?


This is the view of Geochang from the mountain that I tiredlessly climbed *cough*. This is to the left.


This is the view from the center....also known as the city of Geochang....the population is about 40,000. I can walk the town easily in 20 minutes.


Only one directionn left and that would be .....well left.

1 Comments:

At 7:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Cheryl

Enjoyed finding and reading your blog and seeing the photos of Geochang...

Where is the world are you these days!

Alison
formerly of Geochang

 

Post a Comment

<< Home