Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Visa Run to Japan Sept

We are waiting to catch our plane to Japan......Nathan looks pretty tired.



Dakota, Gil and I in the hotel room when we finally got to Japan.

One of the gardens within the temple grounds.

This was the entrance way into the temple.

I don't know what the significance of this is. It is a long passage way within the temple grounds. There is a scene in Memories of a Geisha when she runs through something similar.

These are some huge fish for such a small area. Maybe it makes it easier to catch them when they want a fish fry.

I love this picture!!! Apparently it was made with the vision of the general "pissing on the revolutionaries". I swear that is what the script said.

This is a parade piece that they pull/push during festivels. This is about 2 stories tall. If you look close you can see how elaborate the designs and carvings are.

This was a statue right out side the temple. It wasn't a Buddist temple....when I find out/ remember which kind of temple it is I'll edit this profile and let you know. Until than....ummm it was purty.

This is the door way into a Buddist temple in Japan. I didn't really explore this to much because I had to get back to the hotel where the other teachers were waiting so we could pick up our visas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home