Monday, February 26, 2007

Graduation Feb 15th

Unlike our over the top type of graduation ceremony that we are subjected to in Canada (probably North America but I don't want to be to general lol), the grad ceremony here last a grand total of 48 minutes. They didn't get dressed up at all, in fact they were in ragged street clothes..........granted later that day I found out why they didn't wear nice clothes. The rest of the school was still in their uniforms though.

These are all my students. The one group in front are the grade three's. The grade 2's and grade 1's are toward the back. I have about 400 students that I see at least once a week.


Some of my grade three's..........they love to pose.

My vice principal, and in the background there are the administers for the city education system. What I want to point out though is the flower stands in the background. They have these whenever there is a special occasion. When you walk down the street in Geochang there is almost always a new store that opened up and they will have the flower stands flanking the door.........and then about half a dozen smaller plants, and balloons, we can;t forget about the balloon rainbow thing.

One of students getting a award.



This is why they were wearing the street clothes. Apparently it is good luck to be "floured and egged". The students were running around with various people in plastic..........but mostly they were just covered in egg and flour.....they wanted a picture with me, but they weren't going to be touching me!!!



Pose one..........

and pose two............. aka the love pose.



1 Comments:

At 4:57 AM, Blogger Steve House said...

I really think they should have given you the flour and eggs treatment especially just before the 'love pose'

 

Post a Comment

<< Home