Thursday, June 07, 2007

Sports Day

This is the second sports day that I have attended.........thought I should get pic's from at least one!!! They have all sorts of activities that they do over two and a half days. These include Wrestling Korean style (below), a Marathon, Jump rope, Tug-a-war, Soccer, Relay races and Hola Hoop...ing? This type of wrestling has the student with a kind of sash tied around their waist and on thigh. At the start the kneel close and arrange their hands and stand up maintaining their grip. When the signal is given they try and put their opponent off balance anyway they can. It's actually quite cool to watch.
Some of my grade threes observing jump rope and Hola Hoop....ing.
I was surprised how many of them could do three hoops at once.And in so many different ways.........
This one's always coming up to me and tries to talk to me.......... or sings....and always on days I don't want to be bothered......is that karma? He's a happy kid.

I got in on some of this action to the delight of the students and teachers. That's right I kicked some double Dutch ass!!!

Two of my grade two students in front of the bikes that we gave away as prizes to the 1st and 2nd place students in the marathon.
My school..... you can see the library (cafeteria is covered by the trees) and the west wing of the school.
Main body of the school............
East wing and in the far distance is the gym.


More of my grade threes............the one on the far left is one of the best English speakers in the school............in fact last week he came up to me and said "what'sup girl?" ...........I of course played it cool.
This guy in yellow is interesting........not only have I pulled him from the side AND roof of the school, I have also busted him on numerous occasions smoking. One of the teachers who smokes walked up to him and asked for a light and he rummaged in his pockets until he found one.......the kid needs to learn to cover his deeds better......
Tug-A-War. The first time I saw them do this the rope snapped in half and they all went flying. Now that was a time I wish I had thought to video............




Staff and students chilling out watching the soccer game.
There wasn't a cart race.........I was really, really hoping there would be.....grade threes again.


These lions/ something is outside pretty much every public school building I've seen.....and yet there is apparently no reason for it.
I call the guy on the left "tall guy" or Mr. Kim........on the right is my newest co teacher Jung. He's a youngen like me.
This is the art teacher Seung min. Recording the closing ceremony.


The principal giving prizes to various winners.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home